Sunday, May 23, 2010

“If you have any thoughts or opinions on what you’ve seen in the last ten weeks, do please keep them to yourselves.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Ok so it's been 2 weeks, not 10, but you get the picture. I know I set a minimum post limit and whatnot but what am I supposed to do? Write through writer's block? Mediocre writer's block, at that?

I am oddly inspired by my good friend - I refuse to call him my best friend because that term should be reserved for people I actually like - and his blog. Although his posts are irregular at best and don't make any modicum of sense most of the time, they keep me reading.

Some might argue that we are both equally good at how we write but we can't seem to agree. He thinks my writing is ridiculous and I think his is too pompous, yet I still read his with a smile on my face and his voice in my head. I can't speak for him because I don't know what that arrogant prick gets off to in his mind as he reads my blog posts.

We both have our own individual writing voices. Some people take years of training to develop theirs and others never manage but while his has always been critical, mine started out plainly artistic. Only now am I truly venturing into the critical side of writing.

I would like to end this on a very factual note. Jeremy Clarkson is awesome.

Goodnight the interwebz.

4 comments:

  1. i'm very glad that after all this time you two are still very much in love.
    i hope malta reviews its gay rights and marriage stands for your sake :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I. Madonna it's so hard getting a good relationship counsellor for a gay couple. We have to do it all on our own ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest Peter Dacoutros... ta Aroma biex niftehmu.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep it in my mind before we take the necessary steps for life partnership.

    ReplyDelete