Thursday, October 30, 2014

Progress

I have been roped into new technology.

I am genuinely impressed by all advances made in this sphere, however I do remain a bit of a technophobe in the sense that embracing new things in general tends to give me the willies. Like most people, I am one who does not seem to look at change with a 'bring it on' kind of attitude. I am hesitant at first, albeit most times it is such a brief moment of hesitation it is barely noticeable. It's there though, I promise.

I find myself inspired to write something purely to try my hand at a new keyboard which sounds like a typewriter and yet seems entirely absent of any of the qualities of one. Well, all apart from the letters and the relationship between my fingers and the appearance of one of them on a likewise entirely absent paper.

Speaking of change and new prospects, taking on a road to professional discovery and a clear step towards what is shaping up to be a potential career is terrifying. I'm not inherently a responsible person and yet I'm seemingly fitting into that role quite nicely. Of course, that is, if I completely ignore all the mental anguish that is constantly present. My strong senses of pessimism, failure and self-destruction are constantly present but then, one can't assume to make a full change. One thing at a time, Mathias. Steady now.

Yes I have bought an iPad to help with my new professional image and looming tasks, most of which must be electronically presented, as the educational world progresses. I am attempting to progress with it. Find the key word in the previous sentence.

It's been a while. Good night, the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment