Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fuck quotations, I'm not bothered.

This blog is about that ever inspiring topic of relationships.

I have had my fair share of them. I don't intend on being alone because I'm not the type of person that does well alone. I need someone in my life I believe I can trust and count on more than any other friend. Yes, we all have our friendships and I have been very fortunately blessed with many of those also, but that one relationship we need is always going to be too important to just try and do without.

I've tried speaking about love, while going through a lot of shit, on my youtube channel, but, of course, such a taboo subject is put through so much ridicule that it can't be taken seriously as a subject any more. No one can mention love or relationships in public without fearing ridicule from the great minds and thinkers of society.

I can't understand why relationships are viewed as such a liability. Yes, people risk and get hurt, but isn't that true with pretty much every other thing in life that is worth having or doing? For fuck's sake, how badly hurt do you have to be to prefer to reject any future closeness? Please, tell me, because I've been depressed and broken for years and years of my life, and I'm still looking for that closeness. Perhaps I am a complete fool. A relationship with someone in particular is supposed to be an extension of friendship. Why else would someone want to get to know someone before taking that next step? It is just ridiculous how, after getting the closeness some claim to want, they become terrified of losing it to the point where they end up over-thinking the mere foundation of the friendship within itself and end up losing it anyway.

I've seen and heard of this phenomenon happening a preposterous number of times, but it will never stop. As long as humans are humans and therefore they are ignorant and afraid of getting out of the little bubble that they think keeps them safe, most opportunities will be lost.

You may call me an opportunist, but, I'd rather be an opportunist and be turned down knowing that I tried, than a safe man in a safe relationship wondering what would have happened had I taken the risk on the person I knew I should have taken it on. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that were to happen.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment