Friday, June 11, 2010

"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship." - Buddha

First thing's first, apologies for not posting in a while but I'm sure nobody cares either way so let's move on, shall we?

I've been locked up in my house for the past week seeing as I couldn't even stand up at the beginning of it due to my back acting up. My lack of health has finally caught up with me and not a minute too soon what with the operation in precisely a week. I had quite a few plans this weekend but they've all gone down the drain. It has been so bloody annoying too! My god! One minute it's completely fine, another I'm trying to scratch my epidermis off and another I'm hoping that I will be killed in some freak accident (I choose a freak accident for the attention, everyone knows I'm an attention whore). I have to be genuinely thankful for the care and interest shown to be by a great number of people about it, even sore bastards have said that I will be missed at points.

Moving on. The last thing I did do before taking a forced hiatus from the outside world is go to Earth Garden. I would explain what that is if I had an international audience, but I don't, so I won't. It was quite a grand conclusion to the days before irritation-induced seclusion. Inadvertently the many hours spent there probably caused the immediate and abrupt ending of my tolerance for my back, but enough moaning about it.

Needless to say, I've been maintaining solid contact with the outside world through electronic means and it really is a wonder why I haven't written anything on this for a while. Not like I don't have the time seeing as I do pretty much nothing all day and I barely sleep at all either, as the time stamp of this post will prove. I think it all comes down to the fact that there really is nothing in particular pushing me to update this blog except maybe some sort of competitive impulse if I notice that Ben is catching up to me in number of blog posts. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true. I spoke with Jonathan - who writes the blog "Insight" that I link on the side - about this blog and just writing in general and he put forward the interesting point that it is a lot different writing because of inspiration and writing with deadlines. Right now, I have followed neither of those. My deteriorating health isn't a help in the inspiration front and, as far as I'm concerned at this moment, fuck deadlines.

This is what an insomniac rambling looks like.

Good morning the interwebz.

I'll post something worth reading eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment