Sunday, April 25, 2010

"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction." - Salvador Dali

In contrast to last week's post, I am in a contagiously good mood this weekend.

Of course there are always the snags and little hindrances in the form of particular people, but I digress. Perhaps the above quote is stretching my state of satisfaction just a tad but why not indulge in this momentary lapse of reason? Usually over-thinking leads to excess worry and this ludicrous materialisation of problems that were never there in the first place, but it's those useless little worries that get to you the most.

I am not envious of people who seem to be constantly in a good mood because to people who don't know me too well, I am one of those people, and I know what lies behind that lovely public display of fake smiles and dark, sesquipedalian humour which I adore so much.

I believe it was the indispensable Jay-Z that said, "Go on, brush your shoulders off" in a song called "Dirt Off Your Shoulders". Heavy sarcasm aside, this mentality of "if something is bothering you, fuck it", tends to temporarily work, so for someone who seeks instant gratification - that is, most of the population - that's the way to go. Got something weighing you down? Brush it off your shoulders. Assuming that something you can easily brush off is also heavy enough to weigh you down.

This is me in my happy place.

Good afternoon the interwebz.

No comments:

Post a Comment