Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello friend,

my name is Mathias Mallia, and I will be posting what promises to be the most arbitrary stream of bollocks onto this blog on a semi-regular basis. I will set a minimum of a post a week to start with, give me some sort of goal, you see.

Where to begin? Well, something at this very moment that annoys me is Google's new and patronising internet browser. It irks me that Google Chrome's auto-correct function doesn't recognise the word "blog" or the word "Google". Definitions for both are (as taken off the Merriam-Webster dictionary):

Blog - Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site.

Google - (noun)Trademark for a search engine.
Google - (verb)To use the Google search engine to obtain information about (as a person) on the World Wide Web.

I find it amusing how I feel the need to point this out while typing the first post of a blog using a website powered by Google. Ah, Irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment