Thursday, June 2, 2011

"It's June? Fuck!"

"Time flies when you're having fun." That's not true. Time flies when you're busy. Time flies when you have things to occupy your mind with that will distract you from the very passage of time itself.

This stroke of genius may not be the new theory of relativity, but it's something I've been brooding on for about seven hours and forty-two minutes. In April I posted a blog about how I will probably write a lot more because exams are hardly the bestest, but time metaphorically flew - time literally flying would mean that time is actually made of some form of matter; which is silly.

I need to keep myself busy to not be self-destructive; it's part of my charm. The thing is, I'm not really that into the whole "student" thing, so studying properly is pretty much an alien concept to me. Thankfully, I have a very supportive (and by "supportive" I mean "moderately abusive") girlfriend. My whole study regime, if you can even call it that, consisted of cramming as much reading of my girlfriend and her sister's notes in the last 24 hours before the exam as possible. The only notes I had were from my private lessons which were pedantic and unreliable at best.

I've gone off-topic. My original point was the time doesn't just go by quicker when you're having fun or whatever, it only seems to go by faster because our mind is busy. We don't notice that time is indeed passing by at the usual rate. A fucking month just disappeared from me in the most harrowing way. If I were a control freak with mild OCD, I might go into shock at the mere realisation. Luckily, I'm not.

On that bomb-shell,

Good afternoon, the interwebz.

[I actually did quite brilliantly in my exams regardless of my lacking studying capabilities. Yay me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment