Thursday, November 24, 2011

Friends

The title just looks ... what's the word? Nice. Yes. That's the word I'm going to be using a lot in this post. It's nice.

"Friends are the family you can choose." Someone said that and he was partly right. I find that some of the best friendships just happen coincidentally. My longest friendship of about 15 years just sort of happened because of our families working together and living in close proximity. In fact, I think all of my good friendships just happened coincidentally. How nice.

I don't get how people can over-complicate friendships at time. I don't get how there are people that are literally inseparable just on the basis of having things in common. Girls do this a lot. It's like one doesn't exist without the other. It's nice but impractical. I find that the best friendships usually get a lot of breathing time.

The closest I can get to this personally is with my girlfriend who I'm glad to say I consider my best friend also. I know that's an oxymoron having multiple best friends but it's nice. With her I not only enjoy the constant proximity, yet I sort of encourage it. Who wants to spend their life with someone other than a great friend? I'm nice.

On the other hand, I hark back to the oldest friendship of mine. I sometimes don't see him for months yet when we meet we're our stupid selves again. We know we're friends, we don't need constant contact and proximity to prove or substantiate it. We're nice.

Having friends is nice. I think this was a nice post. Of course it is far from my best, but it's still a nice one. If any of you nice people want to leave me a nice little comment, feel free.

Nice morning, the interwebz

[[10:11:51] Kathleen Vella: Did you tell them I love you?] - This is what the wife said just before I posted this. Isn't she nice?

3 comments: