Monday, October 10, 2011

My nipples can ... what?

So it seems that frigid times have finally hit my humble island. Well, I hope they have. If you don't know how the weather here is then the word to describe it is 'erratic'. I've had students who complained to me telling me that they don't mind if their little holiday to our supposedly sunny island is ruined by a tempest, they just really want to know when the hell the sun and the rain are coming.

I'm beginning to think I am odd. To those who know me, this might strike you as a "well, no shit" moment, but the main reason I'm saying this is because while everyone on campus seems to be hugging themselves in an attempt to keep warm within their layers upon layers of clothing; I'm quite comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt. It's not that I don't feel the cold, it's just that I really don't mind it. I might be some kind of superhero! Well it's either that or my mother did hard drugs while I was in the womb.

Today marks a day of firsts. My first full week of lectures at Uni; the first time I took my laptop to Uni; the first time people at Uni start whispering about how I must be a vampire due to my apparent immunity to temperature and my lack of reflection in mirrored surfaces. Bottom line, I'm at University.

No philosophical ending again. Instead I'll leave you with two concluding remarks:

1) Do not try to update your Microsoft Office for free when you are not particularly computer savvy. Your laptop will crash spectacularly and you will spend a couple of hours fixing it. In the end, you will have to restore your laptop and lose the new Office anyway. Idiot.

2) My nipples could cut glass.

Much love, interwebz.

2 comments:

  1. Due to last night's mini hurricane and because the army taught me to never be knowingly under-prepared for hypothermia, I went to work in a sweater, over a shirt, over a vest.

    I'm now seated at my desk with the sweater in a lump on top of my papers, still sweating like a paedophile at a playschool.

    Are we on the same campus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are at the University of Malta, yes.

    ReplyDelete